Sunday, July 5, 2015

How banking should be

I don't write reviews very often but there comes a time when it is impossible to keep something so good to yourself. I truly believe in this product and I'd like to share what I have learned about my banking experience. With all the bad news in the media about financial systems, I thought it would be good to share this good news story, for something a little more positive.

Twelve months ago I signed up to ING DIRECT and I have never been happier with a banking institution. below are my top four reasons to choose ING Direct for everyday banking.

Why you should switch to ING DIRECT?




  1. Free ATMs - As long as you have your pay deposited into your account each month, you will qualify for free ATM fees anywhere in Australia. In the past twelve months I have not paid one single ATM fee. I used to get slugged over $30.00 a month in ATM fees with my previous bank but now I'm saving  at least $360.00 p.a.
  2. payWave cashback - I recently received my yearly wrap up, tallying all of the payWave rebates I've earned. I was shocked to realise I had actually earned $180.00 p.a. just for going about my normal shopping habits. That is $180.00 p.a. I never had before.
  3. No monthly fees - As long as you have your pay deposited into your account each month, you will qualify for no monthly banking fees. I currently have three accounts with ING DIRECT, which is exactly the same as what I had with my previous banking institution. My previous bank charged me $12.00 a month for two accounts. ING charges me $0.00. That's another saving of $144.00 p.a.
  4. Savings Maximixer - Who wouldn't want up to 3.5% p.a variable rate and an additional 1.25% variable rate on their savings, just for having your pay deposited into your account each month?  I started my savings account after six months of banking with ING DIRECT but already I have earned over $80.00 this year.
Bank, shop, save and earn

So let's take a look at the above. In total I have an additional $760.00 in my pocket for the year, just for changing to ING DIRECT and banking, spending and saving exactly the same way I did with my previous banking institution.

Want to see how much you could save by opening an Orange Everyday account? Go and take a look at the Cash-back-ulator and be surprised!

Join a friend and earn

From time to time ING Direct with offer rewards to their members and new members. My latest offer is to encourage a friend to switch to an Orange Everyday bank account and ING DIRECT gives us both $75.00. Of course there are conditions but they are not unreasonable.  
Got any questions, feel free to ask me in the comments below or check out the FAQs on the ING DIRECT website. There are many other reasons to bank with ING DIRECT so make sure you head on over to their website and check them out for yourself.

No comments :

Post a Comment